Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Sales & Resolutions

For many reasons, Christmas was very busy and yet not very purposeful this year.  The season seemed to fly by without me being able to enjoy or appreciate much of anything.

Reflecting on that at the start of this new year made me "resolve" to not repeat the Christmas of 2010.  I have purposed to have a purposeful Christmas this year.  For me that means, among other things:

- Finalizing the church's Christmas program by the end of the summer
- Doing all my holiday baking Thanksgiving weekend
- Creating and using an advent calendar (complete with a Scripture passage and a family activity for each day)

- Sending out Christmas cards (complete with family picture) at least two weeks before Christmas; and
- NOT hosting a three-year-old's birthday party two weeks before Christmas!

I've gotten a jump start by shopping all the after-Christmas sales this year.  I already have our cards and the supplies I'll need to make my advent calendar as well as a bunch of new ornaments for our tree.  Here's what I was able to get, all for less than $55 (I only paid $35, thanks to a gift card from a friend):


By God's grace, this Christmas will be different - less stress and more purpose.

2 comments:

  1. what a great start on the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am truly blessed and rebuked having you as a friend. Thanks for your honestly here...maybe we can help each other this next year! I would love to hear your advent calendar ideas. I really want to do that with Ayla.

    ReplyDelete