Friday, March 25, 2011

Granola & Galoshes

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!" 
Psalm 34:8

The other day Noah and I went to Trader Joe's for the first time.  I had had some of their very yummy granola at my sister-in-law's house while we were visiting California, and I was hoping to pick up some for myself.  I was even  prepared to pay a little bit extra for it - it was that good.  I was pleasantly surprised to find a larger box for less than my usual generic grocery store brand.  I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast the past few days.  I know, the little things. . .

Even before we went to California (and first tasted the yummy granola), I had been looking for galoshes for Noah.  This has been almost a month-long search now - consignment sales, department stores, shoe stores, Craig's List. . . you name it.  No one seemed to have decent-looking galoshes in the size I needed for the price I was willing to pay.

I was just about to give up hope of ever letting my son play outside this spring, when I was visiting a dear friend's house and she pulled out a tub of things her kids had outgrown and asked me if I wanted anything for Noah.  In the very bottom of the tub was a pair of red, size 8 galoshes!  Noah and I were so excited that we walked home from her house through the yard, just so we could look for mud puddles to jump in!  I guess I need a pair of galoshes now too!

God is good, and He cares about the "little things" that we eat and wear just as much (and more) than we do.  He richly provides us everything to enjoy (I Timothy 6:17), even granola and galoshes.

No comments:

Post a Comment