Friday, February 25, 2011

Another Ordinary Miracle

"I will give thanks to You because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this." Ps. 139:14 (GWT)


Jeremy and I are happy to announce that we're expecting our second child.  Baby #2 is due September 22.  The above ultrasound picture is from our 8-week appointment, where everything checked out just fine.

I was reminded that even what's considered "normal" in the world of pregnancy and "fetal development" is a miracle from God.  The fact that we can conceive naturally (and rather quickly!) is a miracle.  The fact that our baby is now the size of a kumquat with fingernails and "hair" already is a miracle!  It may be ordinary compared to some people's experiences, but it's still miraculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment