Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Happy Heart

We've been trying to teach Noah the importance of having a "happy heart" (i.e. a good attitude).  He's hasn't been doing terribly well with the concept lately and I was beginning to wonder if he was even "getting it."

This morning, as I was having my quiet time downstairs, I overheard him on the monitor as he woke up.  One of the first words out of his mouth (after saying "good morning" to his puppy) was "happy" (the "h" is silent, though).  Then "wo -why" (his pronunciation of his name) then the sentence "wo-why happy."

I had to smile and thank God for the encouragement He'd sent my way first thing in the morning.  I certainly needed it throughout the day as we continued to struggle with the fits and tantrums of the oncoming "terrible twos," but he's getting it.  Slowly but surely, God is creating in both of us a happy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment