Monday, October 28, 2013

Sweet Words

I had a friend call last week all the way from Pennsylvania.  She left a very sweet voicemail, the kind that you never delete and even go back and listen to on occasion.  And when we were able to connect "in person," our conversation was so incredibly encouraging.  She has been faithfully praying for us since we left PA, almost two years ago, and God had laid it on her heart recently to share that with me.

She had no idea what is going on in our life and ministry right now.  But God does!  He knew I needed the encouragement, the perspective, even the loving rebuke that only she could give, so far removed from the situation(s).  I am so grateful for this friend's sensitivity and surrender to the Lord's leading.  Her words and prayers were truly a "balm" to my weary soul.

Margaret Grubric


"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver." Proverbs 25:11

No comments:

Post a Comment